Grey System Zero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Grey System Zero

Grey System Zero crew forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[TUTORIAL]How to install a skin mod

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xiphias
Noob
Noob
Xiphias

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-28

[TUTORIAL]How to install a skin mod Empty
PostSubject: [TUTORIAL]How to install a skin mod   [TUTORIAL]How to install a skin mod Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:21 pm

Alright, the program you need for this, is ImgTool2.0. Once again justfuckinggoogleit.com

This time 'round I'm going to install some clothes mods and haircut mod for CJ, and FBI suit.

First of all, you open up ImgTool2.0. Click "FILE" and "OPEN"
Then, My computer -> Local Disc -> Program Files -> Rockstar Games -> Models -> Player.img

Then, click "EDIT" and "FIND". The first file I'm going to edit is the haircut. I'm replacing the "High Fade". So I see what the file is called in the mod folder, it's as it looks, "highfade.txd". So when I click "FIND" I type in "highfade.txd" and it comes up. Now, YOU WANT TO BACK THESE FILES UP, unlike SAMI, if you just replace these, you aren't getting them back to normal, and you have to re-install SA.

So you right click on "highfade.txd" and click extract. Extract it to anywhere you want, I suggest making a folder on your desktop saying something like: "Backup IMG". And put it there. Then, go back to ImgTool2.0 and right click "highfade.txd" again, this time press replace. I now search for the folder my FBI mod is in, and click on "highfade.txd" and replace it. And that's it! Keep doing this for other clothes mods and you are done!

No pics this time! Razz
Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL]How to install a skin mod
Page 1 of 1